Friday, September 7, 2007

Our Rings

Mike bought me the perfect ring from Jared! The setting is a Gelin Abaci tension setting, and the diamond is an ideal, ideal cut peerless diamond. We looked at a few different options, but we were confident that we made the right decision with this ring. I wanted something unique and beautiful to match our relationship. We are going to get him a custom band that will kind of match the contours of my ring. He also wants a titanium Greek key symbol ring to wear when he travels or is working with his hands. It symbolizes "long life." The diamond lady thought it was funny that we both have such small hands - I am a 4.5 (same as my feet), and Mike is a 7.5 (but he has big feet).


I also got Mike kind of an engagement ring. When we first started talking about rings, I told him I liked the idea of a titanium tension ring. He didn't believe me and said there was no such thing as a titanium ring. I proved him wrong (like I usually do), and then he decided he really liked titanium rings. Even though we are going to get him an official wedding band to match my ring, I did get him a titanium ring with the Greek key symbol which represents "long life" for before we get married and to wear traveling and working around the house. It is aircraft strength titanium so it is very durable.


No comments: