Friday, March 7, 2008

My Wedding Dress

I know, I know, it isn't very traditional to show Mike much less EVERYONE my dress before the wedding, but, heck, why not?

We ordered my dress from a Charlotte Bridal Botique called the Lily Rose. We decided on the Casablanca 1831 in ivory. I think it is simple yet very elegant. It is a rich taffeta with buttons down the back. It gathers around the waist and has a very minimalistic bead work on the front. One of the things I was looking for - which was surprisingly hard to find - was a dress that had straps. I didn't want to feel like I needed to pull up my dress all night.


So now I have 22 weeks before the wedding which means I need to lose a pound a week! I ordered the dress to fit me now, but I am hoping by the time the wedding comes around, we will have to take it in, not just up!

No comments: